St.John's College Nugegoda,Started in 1915. This is the only boy school in Nugegoda city.It contains two primary sections and upper school. Nugegoda had no English School till the year 1915. St. John's School was started with 14 pupils on May 5, 1915. In 1934, the mixed school of St. John's was separated and a Boys' and a Girls' school was established, henceforth to be known as the College of St. John, Nugeogda.